Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

What's in my my makeup bag?

A couple of weeks ago I arrived back home from a mini trip with my lovely boyfriend and his family. We spent 2 nights in the yet-to-be-opened Torquay RACV Resort (I'm spoilt I know!) which is one of the nicest resorts I have ever stayed in - but that is a whole other story! 

I decided that I would do a post on what I brought with me on my little adventure. The products I popped in my makeup bags...plural (I always over-pack), needed to be suitable for bumming around, going to work (I travelled from torquay back to melbourne to do my shift at work, and then came back up again for dinner and breakfast...the food was worth it) and dressing up for a fancy dinner occasion. So you can imagine that there would be a variety of lovely objects in my 2 little makeup bags.


Let me know what your #1 travel makeup item is, i'd love to know!


Byredo Parfums - La Tulipe (quite fresh and floral - a scent to die for...my bank account nearly did)

Chantecaille (pronounced 'shant-a-cuy') Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion - great if you have redness and sensitive skin, so so soothing! I use this as my moisturiser morning and night

Sample sizes of my Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser (gets rid of impurities and leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean) and Chantecaille Vital Essence (used as a face and eye serum used before everything else)...ahhhhh-maahhh-zing!

My MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Medium - which I am almost out of), Mineralize Skinfinish (Soft & Gentle - never seems to end), Cream Colour Base (Pearl - favourite cream highlighter i've found so far!) and my new favourite blush - NARS Seduction (looks so beautiful on the skin - you must try it if you can get your hand on it!)

My favourite bases - Chantecaille Future Skin in 'Nude' (medium to heavy coverage, gel based, lightweight, came straight from heaven, etc.) and By Terry Sheer Tinted Moisturiser in 'Beige #2 (love love love...pricey, but worth every drop - non-greasy but super dooper hydrating)

My favourite eye products! Benefit They're Real Mascara - have yet to try a better mascara (however I am on the hunt, it's nearly time to chuck this one out), NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base (eyeshadow does not budge with this stuff, hooray!), Stila Stay All Day Waterproof liquid liner - black (can achieve amazing points with this one and it lasts ALL DAY) and MAC Kohl Pencil in Feline (smudges beautifully under the eyes, great for an easy smokey eye)

How have I survived without this palette? So many combinations can be made with the Stila In The Light Palette. I didn't have to bring any other eyeshadows with me as this can suit an everyday makeup look and you can then transform this into something more 'night-time appropriate'...fantastic

Talika Eye Dream Contour Cream (for night use). I pop this baby on every night before I go to sleep and notice a nice difference in the morning, my eyes look refreshed and not as puffy as normal, love it.

These are all of the brushes that I took with me. These are pretty much what I use on a daily basis and make my makeup application so much easier. A list of all of the brushes are listed below


Sigma Duo Fibre Powder/Blush - F15
Sigma Eye Shading - E55

MAC 188 Duo Fibre
MAC 217 Blending

Hakuhodo Duo Fibre Foundation
Hakuhodo Medium Kabuki
Hakuhodo Tapered Eye Blending
Hakuhodo Large Powder
Hakuhodo Angled Contour

Rae Morris Medium Precision #8
Rae Morris Chiseled Smudger #12

All of the products shown below:

Chantecaille Vital Essence
Talika Eye Dream Regenerator Night Mask Eye Contour Cream
Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft & Gentle
Benefit They're Real Mascara
NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Primer
Stila Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Pen
Stila In The Light Palette
MAC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil - Feline
*NARS Concealer - Biscuit
*Kevyn Aucoin Brow Pencil
By Terry Eclat De Rose Tinted Moisturiser
MAC Cream Colour Base - Pearl
*By Terry Lipstick #203
NARS Seduction Blush
Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation - Nude

* I forgot to take pictures of these products, whoops!



1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really very informative also you can make preety without make up with this HowPride.com blog post, Working fine, Thanks

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs